MemberMouse is a very simple membership plugin that gained the fair reputation of an LMS tool over time. It offers unparalleled ease of use, as well as multiple options to sell subscriptions and membership plans.
It enables end-to-end membership management directly on your website and organizes the courses the way you want them to be. Subscribers also can cancel or upgrade their membership on their own.
Which are the best MemberMouse alternatives?
With all that’s been said, MemberMouse sounds like the only membership software you need. And yet, there are many plugins and tools you should give a chance to before you jump on the MemberMouse bandwagon.
Let us analyze the best MemberMouse alternatives for you. As you will see, there is membership management software that offers similar benefits at a fraction of the price. Check them out.
Ultimate Membership Pro
The distinctive advantage of Ultimate Membership Pro is that it lets you create multiple plans and levels of access for your members. You can integrate it with any premium WordPress theme, as well as services provided by third parties.
Compared to MemberMouse, this plugin ensures full control over the content a customer can access. Access is based on the subscription plan they’ve chosen. Probably is one of the best MemberMouse alternatives.
You won’t only restrict pages, but also categories, custom post types, attached files, and even whole menus. In this aspect, Ultimate reminds strongly of Restrict Content and similar plugins.
These are the features to expect:
- Enhanced customization. Your WordPress website will turn into a membership portal in no time.
- Excellent support. The team provides fast and efficient support any time you need them.
- Security. You won’t need to worry about security threats on your membership site.
- Accent on valuable content. You can restrict and preserve your most valuable content for paid users.
- Assistance with pricing. The plugin will help you offer the best subscription plans on your membership site, depending on the packages you offer.
- A bridge period for your customers after the expiry of their membership. During this period, they can still access valuable content and preserve their benefits.
This WordPress plugin for membership management is probably the most used tool on this list. You can only install it if you are a premium WP user, and make use of all the benefits membership management software has to offer.
MemberPress will let you restrict content and manage online payments. The creation of membership plans will remind you of the WordPress Classic Editor used by sales businesses. If you know how this works, you can make full use of the membership management software, just the way old-school WP pros do.
Here’s what’s at stake for you:
- End-to-end membership management. Subscriptions are managed by the provider and the subscriber, each within their privileges.
- Drip content. As per the standard WP approach, you can schedule content to be published at a particular moment.
- Integrated affiliate management. The plugin works seamlessly with the Affiliate Royale plugin.
- Business intelligence. You can generate accurate and detailed reports to enhance membership management
If you plan to be more social and build a thriving community, check Ultimate Member. this membership management software doesn’t focus on monetization, but it soon turns you into a key player in your niche. This makes it the most unique tool among MemberMouse alternatives.
Think of it as the perfect combination of membership management and social networking. As usual, you can restrict content and enable payments, but this is what you also get:
- Directories and member database. You can store your client information front-end, within a directory you can filter and categorize.
- Friends & Followers. The membership management software enables communication between users like a social network.
- Private messaging. Each user can send and receive private messages
- Ratings and review. Users can review you, but also other users
- Custom individual profiles. Each user can create a private profile he can manage. You will, nevertheless, still pull the strings behind the curtain.
- Integrations. The membership management software works smoothly with ForumWP. This means that users can also make public comments or send messages
Paid Memberships Pro
Don’t be discouraged by the name: This plugin can also be used to offer free trials and freemium subscriptions. Better yet, you can get this all in one solution for website management practically for free.
There aren’t many good MemberMouse alternatives offered for free, but this plugin does it.
Free membership software is usually quite limited, but that is not the case with this plugin. It is extremely engaging and even acts as association management software. next to that, it caters admirably to premium content. You can use it for event management, learning management, and much more.
To make matters even better, you can offer subscription bundles and member-only products. You can also divide pricing into affordable tiers. You can introduce free trials or demand recurring online payments. It is entirely up to you!
The signup process on the membership site is as easy as membership management can get. The client only chooses a suitable plan, checks out, and becomes a member within minutes. For each of them, there is a dedicated customer profile where they can view their payments and manage billing info.
WP-Members is a free membership management plugin designed for WordPress users. You don’t have to pay to use it, but you still get an array of benefits usually offered by any premium membership management system.
Thanks to it, you can create custom registration pages and restrict content to site subscribers only. The approvals are given manually so that you are in full control of who is subscribing and when.
If you have some web-design skills, you can enhance its power and add all the functions you need. The plugin supports all shortcodes and API features necessary for a membership organization. All coding documents are publicly available.
WP-Member is highly recommended to newbies and inexperienced users. Despite being free, this membership software still lets you perform all sorts of experiments on your membership site. Try it out, and create your first online community. It may not be the best choice as MemberMouse alternatives
This plugin works for those among you with a WooCommerce-powered online store. You can use it to offer membership perks and encourage even more purchases. The membership management system enables full control over your buyers and their purchases.
All necessary features for end-to-end membership management are included. You can drip and restrict content, as well as assign pricing tiers, and export data on CSV files. Intelligent as it is, the plugin extracts valuable information that can enhance your business.
There is, of course, the awaited support for hundreds of payment gateways. Among them are Amazon Payments, Pay Pal, Authorize.net, Stripe, and many more. The front-end capabilities, on the other hand, also let clients manage their memberships.
If you are still not convinced, check the other benefits as well:
- Different levels of membership. The integration with WooCommerce subscription lets you develop the perfect membership plans.
- Facilitated communication. With a compact membership database, you can keep customers engaged. The plugin reminds them of renewals and expiring memberships
- Access restrictions– You can restrict access to any page, post, or custom post type
Restrict Content Pro
In this case, the name says it all. Use this plugin to restrict your website content to posts for selected members. The process is pretty much the same for each of the abovementioned plugins.
There is something, though, that the name doesn’t reveal. The plugin excels foremost in membership management – it lets you create different plans for different users. It even lets you create discounts and pull out reports.
As for payments, many gateways are integrated and ready to use. Examples include PayPal, Authorize.net, Stripe, 2Checkout, Braintree, and more.
We’ve listed also the other prominent features:
- The ease of setup and use
- The multiple integrations, even with job boards
- The all-in-one unlimited subscription package
- The multiple add-ons
- The Pro add-ons
Paid Member Subscriptions
Speaking of affordable association management software, let’s check Paid Member Subscriptions. The affordable and user-friendly plugin has all the features you need. It will impress you with an advanced setup wizard that guides you through each step, from launching the page to choosing the currency.
You can connect the membership management system to any payment processor or page builder. The choice comes down to one-time payments and recurring plans, while the pro version lets you offer free signups as well.
Check the other features too:
- A license for a single website
- Unlimited levels of membership
- Advanced tools for management of existing members
- An account management page for each user
- The great setup wizard
- The discount tools
Memberium is a membership plugin designed for Infusionsoft users. If you run a business on this platform, you probably know how difficult the integration with WordPress is. It is impossible to create attractive membership pages if you don’t have the right tool.
This may be the very reason why Infusionsoft isn’t as popular and successful as WordPress.
Memberium was created exactly to close this gap, and to make it easy to engage buyers without additional management software.
Here are some of the features you should check:
- Advanced integration with Infusionsoft
- Unlimited levels of membership
- A document library for setup and installation
- Many popular integrations with LMS, job boards, event management tools, and more. Examples include LearnDash LMS, WooCommerce, Yoast, and Gravity Forms.
s2Member is both a leading freemium membership plugin and a secure database for clients and payments. You can block WordPress content by protecting the whole site, page, or just an area on the page.
Not all content needs to be for sale. You can, for instance, present the reads for free, but block download with a payment. You can even distinguish between users who subscribe and don’t subscribe. Calls of action are an important part of the process, in particular, the ‘Buy it now’ button. it comes as no surprise, but S2Member also manages payments.
Look out for the following capabilities:
- Neat integration with Authorize.net, PayPal, and Stripe
- Advanced discount creation with gifts and coupon codes. You can invite clients to buy limited products or upgrade their membership payments.
- Enhanced communication. With custom emails, you can lead visitors to confirm their subscription, check out, or complete event registration.
- Integration with leading mailing services, such as GetResponse, MailChimp, and AWeber.
- Multiple affiliate programs and campaigns are integrated into website management. The tools that help you here are ShareAsale and iDevAffiliate.
Last but not least, we have a professional plug-in for event management and online courses. WishList has been on the market for years, and truly has the reputation of a reliable all-in-one solution and membership database.
The thing you will like the most about it is the number of payment integrations. All the big players are there, such as Stripe and PayPal, but so are the newcomers, such as Infusionsoft, SendOwl, or ThriveCart. The cherry on the cake is WooCommerce, which leads to a way to practically any payment gateway.
With that being said, let’s see what the membership management system has to offer:
- Unlimited levels of membership and multiple subscription plans
- Scheduling features for content and online courses, as well as limited access
- More than 50 integrations for payments and event management
- Seamless integration with leading shopping carts
- Free trials and content demos for selected users
If you enjoyed reading this article about MemberMouse alternatives, you should read these as well: